Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Love & Skate by Lila Felix

On the rink she’s tough, she’s a leader, she’s fast and she’s the epitome of a rebellious girl. But Nellie’s been hurt, only once, but it was enough to make her look at life through different eyes and off the rink she’s a timid girl who loves with no pretenses.
A long time ago Owen Black was betrayed by the girl he thought he loved and the guy he called his best friend. The anguish set off a domino effect of negativity in his life and he never has fully recovered. He meets Nellie Forrester and thinks he can let it go for her. 
But how can you love someone when the wounds from your past are still wide open?

My Take:
5 stars, but would give more if I could

Would I recommend to others:  already have
Appropriate for 14 and under:  yes
Language and sexual content:  very mild on both counts

I just finished this book and...WOW! This book reminded me of my relationship with my husband. Reminded me of the beauty of falling in love, every day, with an amazing man.

This book was beautifully written. Two people meeting and falling in love...but I kept checking the "% read" part because I felt like too many things had gone right and that, with so much of the book left, something was going to happen...or there was sneak peeks at the end. You'll have to read it to find out, now back to my thoughts.

I loved the trials that both Nellie and Owen had to go through, meaning that I loved the people they became afterwards. To watch them grow and overcome them was heartwarming to me. I'll tell you that I cried through pretty much the last 1/4 of the book. This story was that touching to me. If you want a quick, romantic, funny, amazing (I could go on and on with descriptions) book...go grab this one, or another of Lila Felix's books. You'll lose yourself among the pages and enjoy every single moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment