Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

All Hallow's Moon by S.M. Reine

Rylie survived becoming a werewolf at great cost. She moves to her aunt’s ranch in the hopes she can enroll in a new high school and quietly continue her life... with a few distinct changes. She transforms into a beast every new and full moon and struggles to control her murderous urges.

Without many werewolves left, it’s hard to stay in hiding. A family of hunters -- Eleanor, Abel, and Seth -- recognize the signs and follow Rylie to her new home. They want to stop her before she murders someone, and the only way to do it is with a silver bullet. Seth soon realizes the werewolf is Rylie, the one monster he failed to kill. Worse yet, he’s still in love with her.

Torn between family and love, Rylie struggles to reconcile her feelings and control the wolf within while Seth fights to do what’s right. But what is right-- obeying desire or duty?
 
 
My take?
 
3 Stars
Would I recommend this to other people:  Yes/Maybe
Is it appropriate for 14 and Under:  Maybe
Language and Content:  Language was mild, no sexual content, violence was higher in this book than the last one...but still not very graphic
 
Rylie struggles with controlling the wolf, this is where the violence of the book comes into play.  I think the author could have left some of this out, she did seem to drag this out for chapter and chapters, in my opinion.  I found myself skimming through a lot of this because I was bored of the thoughts of the wolf (they were bloody) and I just wanted the story to move along to the "hinted" portions of the plot.
 
Things with Rylie and Seth are cool to nothing, but he's still there and you get to see him struggle with his feelings for her and his duty to family.  You get more of an understanding of him and this helped me to find more patience for him, and less patience for his mother.  I found that I was more compationate towards his brother and actually rooting for him.
 
All in all the book was a good, quick read.  Mainly because I wanted to know what happened in the end with Seth, Rylie and Seth's mother.  I will continue the series because I like the characters and I'm curious where the ending of this book leaves you and where the next one will take you.
 
Currently Reading...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment