Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Starbright Review



Stella is a Star, sent by a Council of Elders to live on Earth and protect the planet from the Darkness, a terrifying evil that would suck the good from every living thing and leave the planet empty and desolate. She has until her twenty-fifth birthday before the Protectorship becomes hers and Earth is left solely her responsibility.

Stella’s fate goes on fast forward as she struggles to balance the rest of high school with the duties of protecting humanity from the deadliest kind of evil.

With her parents and Seth, the boy intended to be her Counterpart, by her side she faces down demons and fallen angels in an effort to protect the last inhabited planet in the universe.

But evil is not her only enemy. She also fights her future as she tries to decide if she’s willing to give up her human relationships, especially that of her best friend Tristan, in order to save humanity.
 
My Take?
5 Amazing Stars!!!
 
Would I recommend this to others: Yes, yes, yes!!
Appropriate for 14 and under:  Yes
Language and content:  Very mild language, no sexual content
 
This book was absolutely amazing! I have never read anything like it before. The storyline was new, with the exception of the love triangle (and I always love a good love triangle). I knew I was in for amazingness when I picked up this book the second it was released on Amazon. I have loved everything Rachel has written.

I honestly don't know what I can say about this book without giving anything away about the book, and I don't want to give anything away. The excerpt pretty much covers it, but let's see what I can say without doing into too much detail.

I love the relationship with Tristan and Stella, I can relate being my best friend in high school was a boy as well.  And then introduce Seth, Stella's sexy, gorgeous, perfect counterpart and things get rocky because she's supposed to be "married" to him in 7 years.  Then starts the "pissing matches", so to speak.  This is the part I always love, and personally, I'm routing for Seth. Not only because he's who she's supposed to be with, but mainly because of his back story, which you'll learn when you read it. Both boys are fine specimens, so you'll enjoy ogling over them both.

Now this whole time, Stella and Seth are training and fighting to save the world from the Shadows and the Fallen. The action scenes are pretty intense and I loved every minute of them...kept me on the edge of my seat. I really cannot wait until November for Starburst!! I'm seriously loving this series as much as I did her first!! :)
 
Up next:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment