Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

The Reluctant King Review




Avalon St. Andrews has endured Hell and war in an attempt to secure freedom and immortality for his people. Raised and conditioned to be both warrior and leader, he now sits on a throne with his sister Eden, governing the Kingdom in peace. While his people enjoy the benefits of his struggle and loss, he is restless, bored and alone.

Avalon is summoned to fight to save his people once more as the Kingdom is threatened by a brand new evil. In addition to reigning in a kingship he doesn’t want, he is fighting against the very people he has fought so hard to protect. They are determined to throw away their newfound freedom and their newfound leaders.

In this war and in this kingship he feels alone. And for the first time he feels hollow. That is until Amelia Cartier shows up, invading his every thought and shaking up his carefully controlled world.

Now he faces yet another battle—making Amelia his queen.

My Take:
5 Stars

Would I recommend to others: yes
Appropriate for 14 and under: yes
Language and sexual content: mild, mild

Oh, how I have missed these characters... almost as much as I'd miss oxygen if I couldn't breathe!! Rachel has done it again! She has delivered a flawless novel, that I will read over and over. I love that she gave Avalon a voice again and that we got to see more into his head and his heart. I enjoyed his love story with Amalie as much as I enjoyed the books on his twin. I can't wait to see what the next "chapter" in the story has in store for these characters. I have grown to love each and every one of them as if they were a part of my own reality. A truly awesome read that I will forever love and recommend.

Up Next:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment