Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Clockwork Princess Review




Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

My take:
5 beautiful, teary stars

Would I recommend to others:  Yes!!!
Appropriate for 14 and under:  yes
Language and sexual content:  none/very mild

Before I get into any spoilers (I'll note when I do so I don't ruin it for others) I just want to say that I loved this book!  I cried so much through the last 20% of this book, happy tears and sad ones.  This was absolutely a perfect ending to one of my favorite trilogies.  There's unexpected, but pleasant surprises in this one.  I am amazed at Tessa's abilities, to the point of being almost speechless.  Just perfection!  If you have this book on your TBR list and just haven't gotten to it yet?  Bump it up!!  If you haven't read any of this trilogy yet, you're missing out.  Full of action, romance and wit...everything I require in my reading.
  
**SPOILERS: Don't read beyond this point if you haven't read the book**
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I just can't get over what happens with Jem.  I didn't see the twist of Brother Zachariah coming, but I SO enjoyed it.  It was beautiful to see that he kept his emotion and his humanity through the whole thing, and all because of his love for Tessa.  The reunion of these two made my heart sigh, and here's why.  The entire story I was torn between both of the boys, Will and Jem.  They were so similar that I couldn't pick a favorite.  However, I was so heartbroken to watch Will push Tessa away and watch Jem and her together.  I really was thrilled beyond thrilled that these two got their chance to be together WITHOUT hurting Jem or their own hearts.  What a beautiful life they were able to achieve.

The reunion I was speaking of before, between Jem and Tessa, was so sweet and tender.  By this time my heart was ready for them both to have a happy ending.  Will and Tessa had lived a beautiful life, full of love and so many unexpected things.  So glad that Jem and Tessa were able to find the solace in each other, that Will and Tessa did upon Jem's "death".

I also loved the unexpected outcome of the last fight with Mortmain.  How amazing was that?  I NEVER saw that twist coming, but I love Cassie for having the imagination to come up with it.  And the relationships with Cecy and Gabriel...she's truly as enjoyable for me as Will was.  Oh, and Gideon and Sophie...that made me shout with joy!  Magnus was a great surprise, I love how he's able to use his wisdom and help other make their choices.  He's truly a great man and one of my most favorite characters.

Another surprise was the scene w/Jessamine and Will at the party.  It just seemed right that these two were able to connect, to forgive and her calling him out?  That was awesome! (Don't forget Magnus and his very helpful conversation just after this either.)

All in all, this book was just perfect!  I wouldn't have changed a moment of it and I can't wait to go back and read all three of them again.

Up Next:

No comments:

Post a Comment