Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

ARC of Love, Lies, and Deception Review





What do you do when the one person you thought you knew turns out to be the one you knew the least?

Twenty-three year old Marissa Chase, and soon to be college graduate, has everything going for her: wonderful friends, a lucrative degree, and a chance to explore the world. What made it even better – or so she thought – was when her path crossed with the alluring Alec Holden. Unable to stay away from him, Marissa experiences a love like no other, and falls into his world of passion and intrigue. However, things begin to shift when this path takes a deadly turn.

Her trust is put to the test when hidden dangers unfold before her, revealing secrets that have been buried for years. Secrets that were meant to stay hidden. Murder, lies, and betrayal … will Marissa figure it all out in time and escape with her life intact, or will she be too late and fall into the trap of deception?


My Take:
4 Stars
 
Appropriate age: 18+ (my opinion)
Language and sexual content: mild language, a lot of sexual content
Would I recommend to others: YES!

I normally start out with the main character, which in this case is Marissa. I'm gonna save her, but only because I'm gonna go on about another character...her love interest, Alec. This was the perfect guy that EVERY girl and woman will find themselves falling for. He's the tall, fit and gorgeous man...but he's also got a bum deal for a past. He's broken and sad, that this made me want to take care of him. I love how much depth this character had and how everything about him and his situation made him "real".

Marissa's character was also very believeable. She's just the average college girl that wants to have fun, but do well in her studies. She's got her head on straight and already thinks she knows what she wants out of life...until Alex comes along and makes her question it ALL. I do love her relationship with her 2 best friends. It reminded me a lot of my life with my friends growing up...all the way down to Kristian. Sometimes a girl and a guy cannot be "just friends". Oh, and the twist at the end? The who done it? I never guessed! I was completely shocked!

I can't really go into more on the characters and each individual thing I loved about them, without giving too much away. Just know that this book had it all...the lies, the love, the suspense, the romance. I have to say this is my favorite LP Dover book to date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment