Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Avow Review


Scarlet remembers. Everything. Her past lives, Tristan, Gabriel, Nate: she remembers it all--including how to get to the Fountain of Youth. But time is running out.

Heather and Gabriel have been kidnapped by Raven, while the curse that has plagued Scarlet and Tristan for centuries has shifted, putting the star-crossed lovers in more danger than ever before. Water from the Fountain of Youth is the only thing that can save Scarlet and her loved ones. But the water comes at a price.

With lives--and hearts--at stake, Scarlet leads her friends on a dangerous journey to the Fountain of Youth. Where eternal life is possible, but death is certain.
My take?
5 MASSIVE stars!!!
 Recommend to others:  Already have!!!
14 and under:  No
Language and Content:  Mild language, mild sexual content

Yay! What a PERFECT ending! I wanted to pace myself on this one, but once I started it, I was greedily finding time to finish reading it!!

Chelsea, you amazing girl, you!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire book! Talk about romance and suspense! And just the right amount of juiciness from Tristan and Scarlet...YUM!

I loved the back story that was provided in this book. I was bored at all by any of the going back in time, I found that I just wanted to rush through it more to find out what happened in each century. And I loved that there wasn't focus just on Tristan and Scarlet, but that we got to see into Gabriel's and Nate's life. Nate quickly became one of my favorite characters. I love his comments about his games and his obsessions w/Indiana Jones and Lucky Charms! That's a boy after my own heart. The wit and comments in this whole series would have me laughing out loud all the time, I loved it! I don't think I could have picked out a favorite quote without eventually quoting 1/3 of the books.

And then the chemistry and interactions between Tristan and Scarlet...can we say scorching? It was kept very clean, but my Kindle was getting hot in my hands, lol. I loved the 1500's, also the scenes after she steals his weapons, and the cave scenes. One thing is for sure, I will be haunting your pages, Chelsea, to see what you have in store next! VERY well done. I will be reading this series again and again and it's going on my favorites shelf. :)
Up Next:

No comments:

Post a Comment