Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Independence Review *SPOLIERS*


In the fourth and final installment, Maggie and Caleb must tie up all the loose ends of their lives and make a way to be together completely on their own. With everything that happened with Bish and Maggie's father, she's almost reluctant to move on and move out. And now she must figure out all of this...stuff...with Haddock. But of course, nothing can stay simple for the Jacobsons. Enemies who were thought to be dissolved have decided to not go down so easily. And old flames come calling for more than just Maggie. Caleb is torn between leading his family and personal wants. Maggie is torn between Caleb and being the leader of their people. But neither will let what they need most to be pushed to the wayside. They are determined to make it all work, design a plan toward destiny, and make everything right again for themselves and their family.

And then there's a wedding...
 
My Take:
 
5 Breathtaking Stars!!
Recommend to others?  Already have!
14 and under:  Yes!
Language and content:  none/VERY mild
 
Before you read any further, if you haven't read this book yet, DO NOT CONTINUE READING MY REVIEW!  SPOILERS ARE SURE TO HAPPEN!!
 
I have absolutely LOVED this series!  I really tried to go slow through this book, to pace myself and enjoy every single morsel...but I rushed through it in just under a day!  I can NEVER get enough of Maggie and Caleb and this will be one series I will read over and over and over again!
 
***SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT***
 
In this book Caleb and Maggie FINALLY get married, along with several others.  And the wedding is gorgeous!  It's way more than I could even imagine, I was completely taken away by the beauty of it and the preparations of it.  And there is nothing more sexy than Caleb and his guitar!  I'm surprised Maggie was able to contain herself and not jump on the boy right at that moment, lol.

I loved that Caleb is so selfless in how he helps Bish and his decision for his own housing arrangement.  I kinda thought he'd do this, but I was surprised that he did it...very nice.  He's just the perfect man for Maggie, really, and it's proven with the exchange of rings.  I was seriously bawling at that point.  And the reading of vows?  Oh my goodness!  That was one of THE most romantic moments I have EVER read!!  I was a bawling mess here!

And then the showdown at the beach?  Ugh!  I was a hot mess during this point in time!  I could barely stay seated in one place to finish reading.  And the moment they said their goodbyes and Caleb ran away??  Seriously, didn't you just die?  I almost screamed!  It worked out perfect though and I love that Haddock was able to help and he was able to be more involved from this point on.  But I was seriously looking at the 80 something percent on my Kindle thinking..."what? How can it end like this?  How can it be fixed...ugh!"  SO glad it worked out and that I didn't have to throw my brand new Kindle across the room.  :)

And finally the ending, thank you, Shelly!  You always go one step further and make sure you let us know what happens a few months, a year, a few years out.  Some authors just end it and leave it to imagination.  My imagination runs amok and I'm SO happy that you don't allow it to do so...the ending was perfect!

So, that's my messy review, sorry it's so all over the place, but in a nutshell, I LOVED this book.  And as stated on Goodreads...if I could be any fictional character and be with any fictional leading man...this is the series I'd jump into, no questions asked.  <3

Up Next:

No comments:

Post a Comment