Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Octavian's Undoing Review

No good deed goes unpunished.

Riley Masters learns this the hard way when she finds a wallet and decides to do the right thing. But returning it will cost her much more than she bargains for.

Abandoned by her mother, raised by an indifferent father, Riley has accepted the fact that she would be alone always. She has no idea that a single act of kindness would propel her into a world where creatures that shouldn’t exist guard the human race from the demons that lurk in the shadows. That it will cost her the lives of those she loves while unearthing a destiny she never imagined with a man who is forbidden to love her. She finds passion, romance and the family she’d been searching for her entire life, but at what cost and what is she willing to sacrifice to find answers and happiness?

Octavian Maxwell has always known his place. He is a Caster, a Son of Judgment. His job is to protect the mortal world from the creatures plotting to destroy it. Instead, his world is shattered when a human girl walks into Final Judgment, a girl he has been searching for his entire life, a girl he is forbidden to ever touch. Being with her will break the oath he’s sworn to never love a mortal. But his heart has already found its mate and it refuses to let go.

Final Judgment… a place undetected, a gateway to evil and a legend that will undo everything anyone has ever known about our world.

My Take:
5 Stars

Would I recommend to others:  Yes
Appropriate for 14 and under:  No, 18+
Language and sexual content:  Yes, both

I was given this book as an 'ARC' in return for an honest review.  I just finished reading it, overall I think it took me about 10 hours from "cover" to "cover".

Octavian is a Caster, a judge of sorts for Creatures of the Veil.  One of the 3 rules passed down from Heaven is to never touch a human.  Then in walks Riley and oops, he couldn't keep his hands off her.  They are drawn to each other like a moth to a flame, they can't seem to stay away and fall for each other quickly.  Everything is stacked against them it seems and just when something gets worked out, another HUGE kink in their plans and lives happen.  Both of them are willing to risk anything, except each other, to save the lives of the other.  In the background, there's a war brewing between Demons and Angels and it seems the two of them are caught right in the middle, along with Octavian's family and anyone else they love.

****Possible Spoilers****

I loved this story.  I couldn't believe the twists and turns it had and would be almost gasping for air as I read about their fight for survival.  I was shocked beyond words when learning of "what" Octavian and his family are.  I did NOT see that surprise coming.  I loved the humor and the wit throughout the book.  I was laughing so much through this book at the one liners and sarcastic remarks.  And the romance, while there was some sexy parts, they weren't too horrible that someone who didn't want to read them, couldn't skip over them.  I just have to say that the parts I read were pretty tastefully done and steamy.

My favorite parts of the book?  Octavian's banter with his brothers.  The twins absolutely cracked me up to no end.  I loved the way his parents treated each other...with reverence and love.  Daphne was a very welcomed surprise.  I couldn't quit figure out her story, hadn't guessed it, until it was revealed, but I thoroughly enjoyed her part in the story.  Honestly though, I can't remember a "favorite part" because I enjoyed the entire book and would end up quoting it in its entirety.  Great job, Airicka!  Now hurry up with book 2!  LOL!

Up Next:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment