Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Charade Review

Dying at the hands of a psycho was a shock. Having my life returned to me by an angel was incredible. Being named a Supernatural Treasure and being given Sam as my guard was pretty darn awesome. Acquiring a debt for it all - well, I should have seen it coming. Now here we are, fighting demons from hell, caring for a boy that I just don't trust and traveling to faraway places to return a treasure to its rightful place. Nothing is as it seems. Everyone wears a mask, everyone puts on a charade. It's up to us to separate the truth from the lies and reality from fiction. A hard task when my new reality involves fallen angels, witches and dragons...and did I mention hell? Anchoring me down through it all is Sam. Sam who must face tragedies of his own and is put to the test again and again. If we fail in our task, life as we know it - life as you know it - will end. Forever.

My Take:
 5 Stars!!

Would I recommend to others:  yes
Appropriate for 14 and under:  maybe
Language and sexual content:  mild on both

I'm sorry that I am continuing through the series on this review, but I am seriously addicted!!  Please bare with me as I conclude the series.  I hope you read it and that you become as engrossed in it as I am.

I don't know how she did it, but Ms. Hebert wrote an even better book than the first (Masquerade). I couldn't put this down and read it into the wee hours of the morning.

Sam and Heven have made it through the unbelievable, only to have Heaven ask them to give their everything on a task that Heven and Sam alone can complete. Trial after trial are upon them, people they love and know the most surprising them at every turn. And the cliffhanger at the end?? Can their lives get anymore horrible and complicated? And yet the two of them, linked as one, are able to make it through even the most daunting days.

I just have to say this book was very well written. I loved her descriptions of the bond between Heven and Sam, the landscaping and demons and dragon in hell...I could go on and on, but it would be better if you read it yourself. Do NOT miss out on this book!

Up Next:
 

1 comment:

  1. So happy you enjoyed Charade!!! thank you for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete