Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Forever Fae by L.P. Dover Review

He leans down, lips parted, and then our lips connect... We didn’t know that this one kiss has FOREVER changed the Land of the Fae.
According to the Prophecy proclaimed many years ago, Princess Calista of the Summer Court is destined to change the Land of the Fae from the evil determined to destroy it. Her powers are phenomenal, and she secretly trains for battle with her handsome warrior friend, Merrick, who unbeknownst to her protects her heart as well, in hopes of keeping it for himself. At least, until the seductive Prince Ryder attends the Guardian Ceremony and instantly sends a fire burning through her veins and a connection so deep they both discover a love above anything imaginable.
No one knows how Calista is destined to change the kingdoms, but there is one that does. He not only craves Calista’s power, but her body as well, and his goal is to steal her power, make her his Dark Queen, and take over the Land of the Fae.
Will the evil succeed in claiming Calista’s soul? Or will the two men that fight for her heart save her from despair, and help her fulfill her destiny to become what she was meant to be.

***Warning: this book contains graphic language, sex, and violence. Mature readers only. Not intended for young adult readers.***

My Take:
 4 Stars

Recommend to others:  Yes
Appropriate for 14 and under:  No
Language and sexual content:  much of both

Overall I enjoyed this book.  I have to admit, I felt like the language could have been left out, I felt it more pulled me from the story than contributed to any feelings or scenes.  The sex scenes are easily pointed out and you can skip pass them, if you so desire.

From page one, you're drawn into this beautiful world of Fae.  They are so much like us, but with a few awesome differences.  I'd love to have 1/2 the powers some of them have and all of them are a very beautiful people.  The landscape that is described throughout the book is absolutely breathtaking.  I love that this story flowed pretty evenly and I wasn't left wondering why something was happening or what happened to someone.  This made for a very quick read.

Calista is a very strong, stubborn woman.  She knows what she wants and she doesn't let anyone deter her from it.  She is no different when she sees Ryder for the first time and is powerfully drawn to him, even at the possible expense of her best friend's feelings for her.  My favorite scene with the three of them is after Ryder comes upon her and Merrick training and he jumps to conclusions.  The entire time I was like, "you go girl!"

Merrick is the perfect best friend and guardian.  He's known Cali her entire life and he's loved her.  His sarcastic remarks were the balm to my soul through this entire book.  I knew she needed to love Ryder, but it broke my heart that such a perfect guy, like Merrick, wasn't her destiny.  I love that he finally came to terms with things, but was heartbroken at the timing.

Ryder is the perfect male specimen.  He's gorgeous, got a hot body, funny, determined, and did I mention he was hot?  He wasn't a completely perfect character in that he was very jealous from time to time, but it made the storyline even more interesting.  I loved so many of the things he said to Calista when professing his love,  it'll make your heart sigh.  Anyway, I had 3 books from the series on my Kindle and was so curious about the continued storyline, that I'm gonna continue on to the next book.

Up Next:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment