Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Masquerade Review

I'm disfigured. Scarred. Ugly.
When I look in the mirror, I see a stranger. When I look over my shoulder, no one's there…
Yet I feel watched. Hunted. Afraid.
And then he tells me I’m beautiful.
He tells me I’m safe.
I believe him.
Until someone tries to kill me.
Secrets abound, danger is near, and still… my heart desires a boy with whiskey-colored eyes and far too many secrets.
Secrets that could cost me my life.
To stay alive I have to look deep, beneath the masks everyone wears, to find the truth.
To find myself.

My Take:
5 HUGE stars!!

Would I recommend to others:  Yes!!!
Appropriate for 14 and under:  yes
Language and Sexual Content:  mild on both counts

Oh, WOW!! I loved this book! Honestly I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I "opened" this book, but I'm so glad that I did. I was grabbed from the first paragraph and thrust into the world of Heven and Sam. I was (still am) so invested in their world that I feel like I know them, like I want to jump in and protect them from things they can't see yet, lol. This book had me on the edge of my seat one moment, tearing up another and then chuckling out loud. It's SO well written and I'm only sad that I didn't read this book sooner. (It's been buried in my TBR list for quite a while.)

I love Heven. She isn't the complete package. She has her weaknesses and her strengths and her love for a beautiful boy with whiskey colored eyes. She is vulnerable at times, but at her strongest when she needs to be, drawing some of that strength from who she is and from Sam.

Sam, Sam, Sam...what a completely perfect specimen of a man!! He's so supportive, loving and just an all around "make your body melt" kind of guy. I love that he wants to protect Heven with ever fiber of his being, but at the times when she needs it, he allows her to stand on her own two feet, with him at her back.

You absolutely need to read this series! I gobbled up almost the first 3 books in one weekend!

Up Next:
 

1 comment: