Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Rush Review

A life not her own—A future already decided.

Every facet of Ivy Pierce’s life is meticulously planned out and plotted. Cynical and jaded by sixteen, Ivy’s only hope is to escape the legacy she was born into.

She has a plan, a carefully thought out, feasible plan. She just has to play by the rules until everything falls into place. Unfortunately as predictable as her life can be, she never sees Ryder Sutton coming. He tumbles into her life unimpressed and untouched by her and the life she lives. He’s an enigma to her. A gorgeous, frustrating, sincere mystery and a complete phenomenon in the ugly world she lives in.

What blooms between them is a fiercely intense attraction that cannot be ignored. Even though they would both be better off without each other—Even if both their lives depend on staying apart.

My Take:
3.5 to 4 Stars

Would I recommend to others: yes
Appropriate for 14 and under: yes
Language and Sexual Content:  none, very mild

I had to wait a couple of days to absorb this book and decide how best to review it.  I did submit a quick little blurb on Goodreads, just over my phone, but it may be changed.

To start off, I love all things "Rachel Higginson".  So when I started this book, I hadn't even read the synopsis of what it was about.  I have to admit that I couldn't get into the book, it didn't have the same draw and Rachel's other work did.  However, because I love her writing, I continued until the book drew me in...which was about 49% of the way through it.

What I didn't like:
I felt like the book sort of drug a little in the first half.  I felt like we were constantly in Ivy's head and that things were on repeat, without giving any of the story away.  It drove me crazy that you don't find out anything about her previous relationship until almost this point, yet it's alluded to.  I just felt like being in her head for so long, drug and some of the story may not have been necessary.

What I liked:
 I loved the originality of the plot.  I haven't read a book yet that was written about this content.  That is another part that drew me in and pushed me along to finish the book.  I loved the relationship Ivy develops with Ryder and all things centered around him.  He's pretty much a knight in shining armor masquerading as a high school student, lol.  Will I continue to read this series?  Yes, especially because the book ended so abruptly for me.  I'm curious as to what plays out with the anomaly that is Ryder.

Up Next:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment